Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Addressing Mold Remediation in Your Home or Office
Black Mold can be one of the most destructive disaster situations that your structure can face because it is not always easy to detect. By the time the situation becomes clear, your entire house or building could be affected. Attic mold, often hidden, can be remediated by our mold specialists.
Meeting New York State Mold Removal Regulations
Beginning in 2016, New York State mandated that every mold remediation situation required two parties that worked independently from one another. While our SERVPRO professionals have the experience to help with the remediation and recovery of structural mold damage, another competent professional would handle assessment and documenting the mold damage. Why are these safeguards in place? This requirement has protected residents and business owners from getting taken advantage of by restoration and remediation companies upselling services that are not required. Once an assessor has documented the damage and set parameters of the work needing to get done, our mold specialists can get to work.
• Mold remediation
• Black Mold
• Attic Mold
• Basement Mold Remediation
• Bathroom Mold Removal
We Can Help Prevent Health Hazards from Black Mold Exposure
Many steps are necessary to reduce the present health concerns and hazards that mold exposure can present. From our arrival, we can begin processes like:
• Air cleaning—air scrubbers
• Deodorization—fogging and odor eliminating coatings
• Drying—air movers and dehumidifiers
• Surface cleaning—wipes and proprietary products
• Media blasting—soda, dry ice
• Controlled demolition—removal and discarding per local codes
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (845) 791-7647
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Sullivan and South Ulster Counties?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (845) 791-7647
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Sullivan and South Ulster Counties is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Milton community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2060 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: